G/O Media is the publisher of the web’s most original media brands, including Gizmodo, Kotaku, Deadspin, Jezebel, Jalopnik, The Root, The Onion, The Takeout and The A.V. Club, The Inventory and reaches approximately 40 million unique visitors a month. We connect with the young, diverse audiences that are shaping our future. Through fearless journalism, provoking comedy, and high-impact storytelling, we elevate the stories and issues our readers and viewers are passionate about.
About the role:
G/O is seeking a motivated, detail-oriented Commerce Producer to join the eCommerce team in our New York City offices near Rockefeller Center. The position will report to the Commerce Production Manager and support the optimization of affiliate revenue opportunities across the Inventory and all of G/O’s brand sites. In this role, you will assist with performance analysis of affiliate revenue, provide content curation and recommendations, and help to execute our various commerce strategies.
As the Commerce Producer, you are familiar with digital media publishing, online retail affiliate programs, and shoppable content. You are eager to grow and learn in a fast-paced and ever-shifting landscape. You do well with managing multiple long-term projects while also handling short-term demands.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Optimize ecommerce opportunities across the G/O brands with affiliate linking
- Acting as the main point of contact for brands to manage inbound editorial linking requests
- Proactively assessing scheduled posts for shoppable, linkable opportunities
- Communicating ecommerce performance, opportunities and areas of improvement to brand stakeholders
- Commerce Content Curation
- Curating the homepages and right rail units across G/O’s brands with Commerce content, utilizing performance based insights to optimize affiliate placements on a daily basis
- Selecting which articles are placed in The Inventory newsletter and ad units across the brand newsletters based on performance data
- Inserting commerce content across the brands every half hour
- The Inventory Editorial Assistance
- Making administrative updates to content where needed, including deal articles, roundups, longform pieces, our Deals of the Day articles, and more
- Affiliate linking for revenue opportunities on The Inventory
- Monitoring competitor sites to analyze missed revenue opportunities for G/O
- Interest in digital media and customer monetization. Relevant experience in affiliate marketing and ecommerce is a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Google Spreadsheets, Photoshop, and PowerPoint
- Ability to work with a small-to-medium digital media team
- Adapt quickly to new demands and revised goals
- Ability to partner well with editorial teams to achieve shared goals
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects with deadlines, and exceptional attention to detail
- Highly organized and motivated to have an impact on the business
- Experience with digital content management systems (CMS) is a plus
G/O Media is deeply committed to fostering a transparently inclusive workplace environment, and people of color, women, people with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQIA+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Our company-wide mission is to reach very diverse audiences, and so, we are deeply committed to having teams and leaders that reflect this mission.
The salary range for this position is $58,500.00 to $60,000.00
We're better together! G/O Media is back in office with 6 work from home days. This role is based in our New York City, Los Angeles, and Chicago Office.
The company is committed to public health and to the safety and wellbeing of our colleagues, visitors, and volunteers. As such, we have adopted a policy requiring all employees be vaccinated against COVID-19 or to meet the legal guidelines for an exemption.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy:
G/O Media provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We have recently become aware that individuals not associated with G/O Media have fraudulently used our name – and fictitious employee names– to solicit applications for fake and real jobs, to conduct fake job interviews and to make fake job offers. Any request to schedule an interview and any bona fide offer of employment will only come from an authorized representative of G/O Media with an email address “@g-omedia.com”. We will never require an applicant to provide credit card or banking information to cover any supposed advance costs.
If you have provided personal information in connection with a fake job offer or interview and you are concerned, we suggest that you take appropriate action.
G/O Media takes these activities very seriously and are taking appropriate steps to shut down this fraudulent activity.