VP of Sales, Midwest Region
G/O Media is the publisher of the web’s most original media brands, including Gizmodo, Kotaku, Jalopnik, Quartz, Deadspin, The Root, The Onion, and The A.V. Club, and reaches 100 million unique visitors a month—more than one-third of all Americans. We connect with the young, diverse audiences that are shaping our future. Through fearless journalism, provoking comedy, and high-impact storytelling, we elevate the stories and issues our readers and viewers are passionate about.
About the Role:
G/O Media is seeking a dynamic VP of Sales to lead the Midwest sales team in generating advertising revenue with client and agency partners. This role requires a persuasive, disciplined self-starter with a passion for sales goals through high volumes of activity.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain a personal account list of key clients in the Midwest sales territory.
- Manage a team of (2) additional sellers based in Chicago that handle the entire Midwest
- The Midwest Territory consists of clients and agencies geographically located within the following states: IL, MI, WI, MN, SD, ND, NE, KS, OK, TX, LA, AL, MO, IN, OH, IO, and KY
- Develop a deep understanding of G/O Media's product & content capabilities
- Build relationships with key marketing executives and decision makers on target accounts
- Drive the entire sales process including, meetings, RFP, negotiating, closing, and advising campaign cadence.
- Work in conjunction with sales management on account and product development strategies
- Commit to a high activity sales culture, executing on outreach and call volume objectives
- Procure proposals/RFI’s from each meeting and commit to an innovative follow up strategy (next day on submission etc.)
- Work collaboratively with all levels of staff within our Sales, Media Operations, Strategy, Account Management, Product, and Intelligence teams
- Use the Boostr CRM for meeting, follow-up and notes diligently
- Prior Sales Management Experience
- In-depth knowledge of digital media, online marketing technology and competitive landscape
- Well established client/agency relationships
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of traditional as well as contemporary/online marketing tactics and strategy
- An understanding of the programmatic, content marketing and branded content sales experience.
- A deep understanding of the industry's key issues and trends, including the role of Premium Publishers in the current demand cycle.
- Have fun through winning team attitude
This role is based in our Chicago office and reports to the SVP of Sales
G/O Media is deeply committed to fostering a transparently inclusive workplace environment, and people of color, women, people with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQIA+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Our company-wide mission is to reach very diverse audiences, and so, we are deeply committed to having teams and leaders that reflect this mission.
We're better together! G/O Media is back in office with 6 work-from-home days per month. This role is based in our Chicago Office.
The company is committed to public health and to the safety and wellbeing of our colleagues, visitors, and volunteers. As such, we have adopted a policy requiring all employees be vaccinated against COVID-19 or to meet the legal guidelines for an exemption.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy:
G/O Media provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We have recently become aware that individuals not associated with G/O Media have fraudulently used our name – and fictitious employee names– to solicit applications for fake and real jobs, to conduct fake job interviews and to make fake job offers. Any request to schedule an interview and any bona fide offer of employment will only come from an authorized representative of G/O Media with an email address “@g-omedia.com”. We will never require an applicant to provide credit card or banking information to cover any supposed advance costs.
If you have provided personal information in connection with a fake job offer or interview and you are concerned, we suggest that you take appropriate action.
G/O Media takes these activities very seriously and are taking appropriate steps to shut down this fraudulent activity.