Digital Media Sales Account Manager
G/O Media is the publisher of the web’s most original media brands, including Gizmodo, Deadspin, Jalopnik, Kotaku, Quartz, The Root, The Onion, The A.V. Club, The Takeout, and reaches over 120 million unique visitors a month—more than one-third of all Americans. We connect with the young, diverse audiences that are shaping our future. Through fearless journalism, provoking comedy, and high-impact storytelling, we are elevating the stories and issues our readers and viewers are passionate about.
G/O is seeking a motivated, creative, customer-oriented Account Manager to join our G/O Media advertising team. In this LA-based role, you will lead the execution of advertising campaigns developed in partnership between G/O Media and our advertising clients. You are the primary post-sale contact for our advertising partners, and client satisfaction is your mission. This role is also an entry point to a potential future as a seller. You will work collaboratively to scope and deliver programs with our advertisers, internal marketing, sales, creative and editorial, and operations partners. This includes detailing deliverables, estimating timelines and resource requirements, managing the production process to ensure successful launches, and optimizing and reporting results against client KPIs. As the Account Manager, you’ll be the hub of the wheel coordinating activity among many internal and external stakeholders. In addition to owning successful post-sale execution, the Account Manager will work directly with a handful of Account Directors to gain insight into customer needs and experiences and translate those into sellable opportunities. This position will dual report into the VP of Sales Strategy and Sales Account Directors.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan, coordinate, and implement sold-in custom advertiser campaigns across all G/O Media brands
- Execute programs ranging from, but not limited to display media, sponsored content, video, email, audio & written branded content, sweepstakes/contests, social activations, live/virtual events
- Act as day-to-day client contact for all assigned programs, communicate directly with key agency contacts, and provide best-in-class customer service
- Coordinate delivery of custom content elements in conjunction with display ad campaigns
- Communicate and partner with internal teams (i.e., Sales, Marketing, Ops, Editorial, Design, Production, Social, Legal) and third-party vendors to create custom content and ad products
- Manage expectations internally and externally regarding schedules, resources, and budgets
- Ensure that campaigns launch on time, deliver exactly what was sold, and exceed benchmarks
- Collaborate with Ad Ops to optimize to client KPIs throughout programs
- Coordinate comprehensive performance tracking for all campaign elements; summarize, analyze, and share results throughout flights
- Generate and deliver post-campaign wrap-up reports and future program recommendations with a focus on driving renewals and upsell opportunities
- Maintain and demonstrate knowledge of G/O offerings, elevator pitch, marketing initiatives and materials
- Accompany Sales Director / Sales Rep on select client/agency calls
- Experience in a client service role preferred, managing advertising or marketing projects for digital execution. Video production is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple projects and tight deadlines
- Strong analytical, strategic, and creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in person, over email and on the phone
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Detail-oriented and highly motivated
- Proficiency working with Microsoft Office applications and G-Suite
- Familiarity with the technical trackers used to monitor digital campaign performance KPIs such as impressions, clicks, engagement, viewability, conversion, and audience composition
- Web tracking and reporting expertise using tools such as Google Ad Manager, Google Analytics and Sprout
This position has range of $70,000.00 up to $85,000.00 annually, dependent upon years of related experience.
G/O Media is deeply committed to fostering a transparently inclusive workplace environment and people of color, women, people with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQIA+ candidates are very strongly encouraged to apply. Our company-wide mission is to reach very diverse audiences and so, we are deeply committed to having teams and leaders that reflect this mission.
We're better together! G/O Media is back in office with 6 work-from-home days per month. This role is based in our Los Angeles Office.
The company is committed to public health and to the safety and wellbeing of our colleagues, visitors, and volunteers. As such, we have adopted a policy requiring all employees be vaccinated against COVID-19 or to meet the legal guidelines for an exemption.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy:
G/O Media provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We have recently become aware that individuals not associated with G/O Media have fraudulently used our name – and fictitious employee names– to solicit applications for fake and real jobs, to conduct fake job interviews and to make fake job offers. Any request to schedule an interview and any bona fide offer of employment will only come from an authorized representative of G/O Media with an email address “@g-omedia.com”. We will never require an applicant to provide credit card or banking information to cover any supposed advance costs.
If you have provided personal information in connection with a fake job offer or interview and you are concerned, we suggest that you immediately take appropriate action.
G/O Media takes these activities very seriously and are taking appropriate steps to shut down this fraudulent activity.